REDHAWK Release Notes - 2.2.6
The effort in REDHAWK 2.2.6 focused on:
- Resolving an exception that occurred when calling the
listAllocationsmethod with no arguments.
- Adding developer documentation to explain how to enable JacORB for Java components.
- Fixing typos in component sample code comments.
- Implementing fixes to properly initialize the persona device logger.
_libdirin the generated
.specfile for generated C++ components.
- Adding a return code to
cleanomnito indicate when one of the steps failed. In the event of an error,
cleanomnistill attempts each step of the cleanup process before exiting with a non-zero status.
- Modifying Device Manager behavior to no longer hang on shutdown when non-DCD devices/services remain registered.
- Resolving an issue with the
DeviceManagerexiting during device and service registrations due to unhandled exceptions.
- Updating the behavior of the GPP’s memory threshold monitoring to more accurately reflect real world usage. The available memory is calculated using
MemAvailable, which provides the best estimate per the Linux kernel and does not include swap memory. The default value for the free memory threshold is now the lesser of 20% of total memory, or 6GB.
- Resolving a dead lock issue that occurred during the
omniEventscheck point operation.
- Preventing the file system from crashing when files are removed while
- Resolving handling of process lifecycle by the GPP when process identifiers are reused on a busy system. Adding safeguard against the GPP terminating processes when the process identifier and process group identifier are not the same.
The following fixes were completed in REDHAWK 2.2.6:
Core Framework Fixes
- Fixed display of
property.api()for Python sandbox components.
DigitalScanningTunerinterface to C++ and
- Updated the Python output in the Custom Transport Technical Notes.
- Added comparison of
sri.blockingto comparison of two SRIs.
- Removed the Help button from the Properties tab of the Softpkg Editor in the IDE.
- Increased the
thread.sleepvalue in order to let all processes completely stop.
- Resolved issue with Browse Properties dialog to display all matching criteria for the filtered text.
- Updated the formatting in all REDHAWK Specifications and fixed inconsistencies and errors in cross references and text.
- Corrected capitalization of Event Service.
- Corrected inconsistent capitalization and incorrect glossary references of the term, sandbox.
- Removed the term, role, from the subscriber and publisher implementation information in the Working with Events page of the REDHAWK Manual.
- Revised and reorganized the BulkIO data transfer and Stream API information and added the Attachable Streams page to the REDHAWK Manual.
- Updated the Overview Tab information in the SoftPkg Editor page of the REDHAWK Manual.
- Updated text and graphics in the Waveform Editor page of the REDHAWK Manual.
- Added REDHAWK asset
README.mdfiles, REDHAWK asset release notes, and the updates repository information to the main website page.
- Updated screen captures in the Creating a REDHAWK Shared Library Project page, the Plot Settings Dialog page, and the Using the Octave Wizard page of the REDHAWK Manual.
STDOUTreferences in the log configuration information and
stdoutreferences in the code examples in the Configuring Logger Settings page of the REDHAWK Manual.
- Updated property access information in the Managing and Defining Properties page of the REDHAWK Manual.
- Added a section, IDE and Code Generation Support, to explain how to create a programmable device and a persona device using the IDE and code generators.
- Added instructions for using the REDHAWK Updates repository.
- Removed 2.1.x beta information from the website.
The following previously reported Known Issues have been closed in REDHAWK 2.2.6 with the following resolutions:
IDE Special Resolutions
- Deleting project does not close all related open editors - Cannot Reproduce - This bug could not be reproduced against REDHAWK 2.2.5.
- IllegalArgumentException when cancelling FindBy Wizards - Cannot Reproduce - This bug could not be reproduced against REDHAWK 2.2.5.
- CI RCPTT test fails for red x on testDomainConnectionLoss - Fixed by Other Issue - Fixed by update in 2.2.3 release: Improved the robustness of Domain Manager refresh in the Explorer view so that it is less likely to require a manual refresh when the Domain Manager is unexpectedly terminated and restarted.
Documentation Special Resolutions
- TOC disappears in the left frame of the Manual upon subheading selection - Cannot Reproduce - This bug could not be reproduced against REDHAWK 2.2.5.
- Typo in REDHAWK ICD - Fixed by Other Issue - Fixed by update in REDHAWK 2.2.4 release: Updating the REDHAWK SCA Specification and the REDHAWK ICD Specification with the application launch sequence that includes