REDHAWK Release Notes - 2.3.0
The effort in REDHAWK 2.3.0 focused on:
- Added methods to C++ ThreadedComponent API, that allow developers to determine if stop was called or if the resource internally reached an finished state.
- Added Python iterator support to limit the number of entries that are returned from a servant’s iterator interface.
- Fixed connection rate check for rh.MSDD during device startup when the MSDD radio supports multiple network interfaces.
- rh.MSDD correctly enables the tuner’s output module for successful allocations The rh.MSDD property
advanced::max_nic_percentagewill now track the total output rate from the radio’s network interface against this threshold to disallow allocations that oversubscribe the interface.
- Resolving issue to correctly set the time-of-day in ONEPPS mode.
msdd_status::tod_host_delta(gives the time-of-day offset between the host and the MSDD’s TOD module while in ONEPPS mode) and
msdd_status::ntp_running(shows whether ntp is running on the host while in ONEPPS mode).
- Added JAVA Bulk IO Stream API support to bulkio.jar
- EOS condition is reported correctly for all connections when an incoming stream receives an EOS flag.
- An application’s external property maps to the correct component when the component’s name is a substring of another component.
- Fixed issue where timecodes values were not properly adjusted during filter operations.
- rh.fastfilter adds a bybass mode property. When bypass mode is enabled, any input stream data bypasses all filter operations and passed directly to any output connections.
- rh.psd component properly handles values above 2.4 GHz for SRI keywords CHAN_RF and COL_RF.
- Resolved issue when adding a new stream to an attachable port that would cause a program to segfault.
- Exiting a python sandbox session will now properly terminate a resource’s processes started during the session that threw
The following features were added in REDHAWK 2.3.0:
Core Framework Features
- Added Bulkio Stream support in Java
- Added support for Java Bulk IO stream API
The following fixes were completed in REDHAWK 2.3.0:
Core Framework Fixes
- Changed setup and teardown code to prepare the state of
/dev/shmto allow the test to operate properly.
- For JAVA BulkIO ports, disconnectPort will throw CF.InvalidPort for unknown connection identifiers.
- Device_impl::updateUsageState is now a virtual method to allow for specialization.
- The application object updates the property on the correct component when one component’s name is a substring of another component
- Removed vendor check for Java
- Do not remove PushConsumers if a timeout occurs during a push operation.
- Null pointer fixed and doesn’t occur any longer
- Updated the format of headings in the REDHAWK Manual.
- Updated the REDHAWK ICD to indicate that
dataCharis deprecated and
dataOctetshould be used in favor of
- Added an example using the
connectionIdargument when making sandbox connections.
- Updated glossary links to display the first time glossary terms are displayed on a page. Acronym terms and the corresponding acronym were updated to display the first time the terms are displayed on a page. After this first occurrence, only acronyms are displayed.
- All images in the manual now have a caption displayed under the image.
- Added GPS interface information to the FrontEnd Interfaces appendix.
- Added NavData interface information to the FrontEnd Interfaces appendix.
- Added RFInfo interface information to the FrontEnd Interfaces appendix.
- In Optimization -> Configuring omniORB, fixed a typo that referenced IORs.
- In Frontend Interfaces -> Types of Tuners -> CHANNELIZER Tuner, fixed a typo that referenced DDC.
- Updated the
cleanomniscript to include CentOS 7 information, and rearranged the omni information in the Troubleshooting appendix .
- In Troubleshooting -> Setting Omni Log Levels, updated the omniORB User’s Guide links for CentOS 7.
- In the Logging Configuration Plugin section, fixed a typo that referenced
- Updated tables in the manual to auto adjust in size so the contents wraps correctly within the cells.
- Removed UHD dependencies from those provided in REDHAWK and added them to the External Dependencies appendix.
- In Managing and Defining Properties, fixed a typo in the
- Fixed grammatical errors in the REDHAWK ICD and in the SCA Domain Profile.
- In the Waveform Editor -> Components Tab section, removed the reference to Component ID and modified the text to match the new Components Tab image.
- In the Waveform Editor and in the Distributed Computing and RF Devices sections, updated missing and incorrect links.
- In the Connecting to a Running Domain section, fixed minor typographical errors.
- In the REDHAWK ICD, corrected section numbers.
- In the REDHAWK ICD and in the SCA Specification, fixed minor typographical errors in the Logging Description section.
- In the Logging Within a Resource section, fixed minor typographical errors.
- In the Waveform Editor, in the Components Tab section, added the Components Tab image.
- In References for Application Developers, corrected the Sandbox link to point to the Sandbox section.
- In Creating a New Node, corrected the Exploring the Running Node link to point to the Exploring the Running Node section.
- In Creating a Waveform Service Configuration Using the
rhadminScript, corrected the Waveform Configuration File link to point to the Waveform Configuration File page.
- Fixed error of DMD file reference to be DCD file in Creating a Node section.
- Removed a sentence from the Workbench topic.
- Corrected expanded term information for JDT (Java Development Tools) and CDT (C/C++ Development Tools) acronyms.
- Removed the following glossary terms: Editor, System, Ethernet, Linux, and Local Area Network.
- Updated the Installing the Framework from Source and the Device and Service Affinity sections to reflect affinity disable build options.
- Updated the Persistence Store and the Installing the Framework from Source sections to reflect that the default build now enables the
custom.cssto fix table formatting issue.
- Removed references to 32-bit OS versions that are no longer supported.
- Removed Standalone EPEL information from the REDHAWK External Dependencies appendix.